Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Another comment that warrants its own post


You, Cole Umber, should be ashamed of yourself. Oh....you are, that's right, because "Cole Umber" is NOT your REAL name. You hide like a coward behind a fake name. I know WHO you are and WHERE you live.
By Anonymous on 3/30/12


To which I, Cole Umber, reply:

I find it ironic that someone accusing me of not using my real name signs his comment with "Anonymous."  Yes of course I'm using a nom de plume (Columbia/"Cole Umber" - get it?). That's no great secret, and just about everyone in town realizes that by now.  I have made my presence known in public - at meetings and other events.  The council knows who I am, as well as many people around town. 
And, no, I am not ashamed, not when it comes to criticizing perpetrators or pulling back the curtain to reveal the sometimes secretive and dirty politics in this town. As a citizen, I claim (and possess) that right, under the First Amendment. Too many officials have had their way for too long and have operated with impunity. Having a blog helps level the playing field, if only in a very small way. I'm here to keep tabs, and if I believe I have gone too far, I make amends. 
In regard to your statement about knowing who I am and where I live - I take that as a veiled threat. (Why else would you mention it, if not to try to elicit fear?) Mafiosi, Nazis, and other cheap thugs have used those same techniques for years.  Are you one of them?
Linked to my blog is a program that counts hits and records ISPs, which means that you, sir (or madam), have now gone "on record."  If any harm comes to me or my family or my property, I will submit the list of possible culprits to the police, and I will pursue whatever legal means necessary to resolve the problem. And that, my friend, is not a threat. It is a fact and a solemn vow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proof the pen is mightier than the sword under any name.
Excellent reply "Cole". Columbia could start a new show
called "are you smarter than a thug?"

SKL said...

If Columbia has people like the above "Anonymous" on the borough council, it's no big surprise that Columbia is in such despair!

Cole said...

I have mixed feelings about the council. Running the borough is a big responsibility. I think some members are trying to do the right thing. A few others don't understand (and don't care about) the consequences of their actions. I believe, however, they have come to realize the Trust, as it now stands, was a big mistake.

Cole said...

Yes, the pen is mightier. I'm reminded of some lyrics by Greg Lake:

"Still, I don't see a man in a mansion
That an accurate pen won't puncture."

And not only a mansion but a townhouse, a rancher, a shack - you name it.

Blog Archive