Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

What I Saw Today (August 8, 2010)

(Click on each pic.)

I thought this balloon was descending
a few blocks beyond this house.

But I found it hovering over the river.
That's it for the balloon pictures,
at least for this one,
unless it lands in my backyard.
I see this thing everywhere.

White cat (3rd & Poplar)

This might be it for the bird pics, too,
unless I can get a close-up of that hawk
I see now and again.  Anyway,
these are mourning doves I saw 
near the CHS stadium.

Pole dance

Protest against corporate personhood.
The guy facing the camera told me
the group was planning a 20-mile walk,
a leg at a time.  (No pun intended.)

Incident on the 400 block of 
Union Street (about 4:20 p.m.)

Incident over - I have no idea
what it was about, but there were
four police cars at the scene.
The cops didn't seem too upset.


The following four photos are of
the baptism that took place at 
River Park this afternoon . . .

Someone didn't get the message.
The ramp was CLOSED, but
this kayaker came ashore there
anyway.

Next . . .

About to take the plunge

Contemplating



Assembly.
I guess I had another bird picture after all.

Tracks

Lightning rod atop a house
across from Rotary Park.

No comments:

Blog Archive